Sunday, June 1, 2008

Taiwan Trip 2008 Day 7

They have free internet access at the Minsu too :) Ms Liu was very nice to knock on our door to wake up as up, even though we were awake already.
Our breakfast, my choice of pork burger, very nice and filling, but not too good because we were going to watch dolphins this morning. Totally forgot we could get seasick.

The ship that will bring us out to the open sea to watch dolphins

I didn't get seasick but I had a shock especially when the ship was leaving the mainland and in the open sea. The refractory waves were huge and I spent all my energy clinging onto the benches, which explains the shaky video i took. Very thrilling but a little scary...

Back at the MinSu again, a photo of its facade and another very pretty room.


We still had some time left, so we painted some stones.


Lynda and I, together with Ms Liu and her husband.

The garden

Before we left for the train station, we asked Ms Liu about this chao shou that was recommended and she first brought us to the bank to change more NT dollars and then took us to this store to "wai4 dai4" to eat on the train. It was good and very fragrant, there was also a free drink included.


We had quite an adventure on the train, because Ms Liu bought the tickets for the wrong date. We were departing Hualien on 14 May and she bought the tickets for 13 May, I was very careless not to check too. Luckily, we met a very nice train conductor who allowed us to remain on board and he also told us where there were empty seats which we could sit. Wanted to thank him when we reached Kaohsiung, but couldn't find him. This is our hotel at kaohsiung, the location was very good. :) close to the train station and MTR station, and importantly a clothes wholesale area. Haha!

We walked to the famous Pi2 Xie2 Jie1. Nothing here to see, can give this a miss.

At the Liuhe night market

Look at the bowl, it's so small! That's my hand on the left.

Fish stew, I didn't quite like this, not really a fish fan :P


Pet piglet! The second one we saw :)

No comments: